Thursday 2 October 2014

Research and planning: example of a "good" trailer


This is an example of a good trailer that we can look at for ideas when looking at creating our own trailer. This is because:
  • It is set in a house / office environment that we could easily access something similar too. 
  • The characters in the trailer are average people rather than 'half dead zombies'.
  • I think that with some practice at photoshop, I could make a similar opening title sequence but with our own touch and different sound.
  • Some of the shots are quite basic but very effective for example the rocking horse moving in a room on its own. If we gave it thought I think we could come up with something that basic and effective to create that "creepy" edge which we want rather than a gory film.
  • Some of the camera shots used are quite tricky considering we have little experience with a camera. So I think that some work would be needed for the person doing cinematography.
  • I like that the trailer has used a lot of fades when editing because I think that the slow editing creates a more eerie atmosphere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment