Friday 19 September 2014

Research and planning: top 20 horror films




Above are the top 20 films from the horror genre of all time. This will help me because it gives me a lot of sources to look at when making my own trailer, I could write a conclusion on what is repeated throughout each trailer in terms of sound, mis-en-scene, editing, cinematography so that when I am filming mine I know what style works best with this genre.

From looking at the films up to now I know that all of the films include murder weapons and have some type of psycho villain, the villain varies throughout the movies, some are a child for example The Omen, The Shining and The Exorcist. All rather stereotypical in terms of sound, include a non-diegetic score that is often high pitched with lots of bangs that make the viewer jump. Trailers tend to include the peaks in the narrative where the editing is fast, so horror trailers are often quick and loud, however not always they are sometimes slow to create an eerie atmosphere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment